|Search for a keyword (Basic Searching)|
1. Click Search on the menu bar.
Relevance sorts titles in the search results so that those that seem most likely to meet your needs appear first in the list. Most Popular sorts titles in the search results so that the titles most frequently checked out or requested over the past 120 days appear first in the list.
When you select a sorting option that combines two categories, the results are sorted by the first category, then by the second.
4. If you want to limit the search by library location, publication date, physical item material type, language, target audience, or collections, or set the number of titles that appear on each search results page, follow these steps:
a) Click Open Search Options.
b) Select the settings you want.
c) Click Set Search Options.
5. Type the text to search for in the Keyword search for box, keeping these tips in mind:
• Letter case, multiple spaces, and punctuation are ignored. Omit hyphens in numbers. However, you can include the following characters if they immediately precede or follow a letter or number (no space between): + # % $
• You can type a part of a word and use a wildcard character. The wildcard character asterisk (*) represents the rest of the word. For example, if you type King*, the results include words such as King, Kingsley, and Kingford. The question mark (?) represents exactly one character. For example, wom?n finds woman and women.
• If you leave this box blank and just select an option in the Limit by box (see step 2), the search is launched and your results include all the materials that fit your Limit by selection.
• Any Field - All the indexed information fields
• Title - Title fields
• Author - Author fields
• Subject - Subject fields
• General notes - Notes fields
• Publisher - Publisher field
• Genre - Forms or types of materials, such as science fiction, romance, biography, bibliography, or large type books
• Series - Series fields
- International Standard Book Number, a 13
- International Standard Serial Number, an 8
7. Click Go.
• If the search is successful, information about titles is displayed in the search results list.
• If no matches are found, you see a message. You may also see a Did you mean suggestion. You can click the suggestion to search for the suggested term.
8. To work with the results, do any of the following actions:
• Navigate the results list and view more information about the titles.
• Narrow your search results or do related searches. .
• Add a title to a title list.
• Place a request for a title.